Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) – any employer, can access apprentice funding directly to train their own staff.

From May 2017, any employer, can access apprentice funding directly to train their own staff.

Skills Funding Agency

As an employer, if you’re committed to training your staff, you might consider applying directly to be included in the governments new, Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP).

Being registered on the RoATP will allow you to access apprenticeship funding directly, according to the government’s recent (Aug 16) apprenticeship funding announcements.

You’ll need to hurry though, as the application window to apply to be on the RoATP is only open for one month from Oct 3rd 2016, although we’re being told it will re-open at regular, maybe three monthly, intervals.

You will also need the following to be registered on the RoATP :-

    1. Register with the United Kingdom Register of Learning Providers (UKRLP) – https://www.ukrlp.co.uk/.
    2. Register with the Information Commissioner’s Office – ico.org.uk for the processing of personal data for delivering education and training.
    3. Register for an account on the portal https://skillsfundingagency.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.shtml through which the Skills Funding agency will manage your application to the RoATP.

If you want to apply see the following document:- Proposals for a Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/545328/Proposals_for_a_Register_of_Apprenticeship_Training_Providers.pdf

Other announced apprenticeship funding changes:-

  • STEM pathways up by 40% for level 2 apprenticeships and 80% for level 3 for staff of – all ages. Uplifts in funding apply to Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies; Information and Communication Technology; Science and Mathematics; and Construction, Planning and the Built Environment.
  • There will be 15 funding bands ranging from £1,500 – £27,000 – with no age restriction.
  • The government will pay training providers £471.00 towards both Maths and English at Functional Skills up to Level 2. It is mandatory for learners to be working towards level 2.
  • If your annual pay bill is more than £3 million, then the new apprenticeship levy will be mandatory for you to pay; it’s 0.5% of your total amount and is expected to be collected on a monthly basis into your Digital Apprenticeship Training Account. Starting April 2017.
  • You will be asked to contribute 10% of the total apprenticeship costs with the government paying the remaining 90%, only if you have over 50 staff or fall into the £ 3million pay bill levy criteria.
  • If you have < 50 staff and are training an employee that is aged between 16 and 18 (or under 24 with a Local Authority Education, Health and Care plan) then the government will contribute 100% towards the chosen apprenticeship standard and also, they will contribute an additional £1,000.00 to the employer and £1,000.00 to the training provider. Paid in two instalments at 3 months and 12 months.
  • Learning support, training providers will also receive an additional £150 per month for learners with learning difficulties or disabilities.
  • The £1500 AGE Grant will cease at the end of the 2016/17 academic year.

Sources

  1. Proposals for apprenticeship funding in England from May 2017 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/545509/Apprenticeship_Funding_Proposals_from_May_2017.pdf
  2. Guidance for employers about being apprenticeship training providers
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/545474/Apprenticeship_Employer_Provider_Guide_Aug_2016.pdf
  3. Proposals for a Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/545328/Proposals_for_a_Register_of_Apprenticeship_Training_Providers.pdf